Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Road Trip Day 4

Day 4 - Woke up late to the smell of fresh coffee and the smiling faces of footy-pajamaed angels. Drove into the edge of town to a small movie theater to watch Narnia Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was scheduled to start at 1145. 1130 Jennifer walked to the door as we stayed in the car to purchase the tickets. After a few minutes she came back and said "she ignored me. The doors were locked and when I asked when they would open up she just went about her business." after a few minutes another couple walked to the door and she opened it spoke to them then let them in. The same thing with a second couple so we all piled out of the vehicle to enter, but when we got to the door the young lady opened it and said "I'm sorry, we're not open yet." and closed the door again. Jennifer and the kiddos turned to go back to the vehicle but I was kinda frustrated.  Perhaps I had "tourist" on my t-shirt and this was a locals only showing. So I knocked on the glass and she opened it again. "I'm sorry, when are you going to open?" "I'm not sure Sir." "Doesn't the movie start in just a few minutes?" "I'm not sure Sir." Now I am frustrated. "You don't know when the movie starts or when you open?" "No Sir." She was about to close the door again when I noticed the other two couples she had already let in milling about the lobby while I was standing in the chilly air. "Do you often not know when you open?" "No sir this is the first time this has ever happened." I'm just about to be witty with a slight sarcastic barb to make myself feel better when I see tears well up in her eyes and she starts crying. "I'm the acting manager and the registers are all down, I don't know how to charge the tickets without them, I'm on the phone with the manager and he just yelled at me for letting people in." tears are streaming down her face, I am officially a huge jerk face. I tell her I am so sorry and it will be ok and then I slink back to the cave of my car. In about three minutes the doors open, register issues resolved. The movie was awesome, all about being nice to people because Aslan is watching, hidden moral to the movie...I'm a huge jerk face, but Jesus loves me. Another cool night with the fam!
We planned it out so that each evening the kiddos could open up one present each, but first everyone says something they are thankful for about one of the family members. Day one what we were thankful for about Jesus. Day two, about Stevies, day three about Tina, and tonight about Kaylee. It's so cool being a part of this family. What a fun road trip so far!

1 comment:

  1. Before I forget, Capt Stephen, I want to thank you for the cartoons for my Son, James and myself. I will handcarry his, framed, to him next month when I visit him in Phoenix. Thank you again and God Bless you and your service. Thanks to Jen and the family for their service to our country by sharing you with us.
    Chief Gil

    ReplyDelete